Cinnamon is considered one of the oldest spices and unsurpassed ingredient in the kitchen. It has a very pleasant smell and taste and can be used as an addition to fruit salads, pies, and other desserts. Many people like the coffee that sprinkled with a little cinnamon, since it will get a special flavor. It may also be added to tea and other beverages.
In actuality, one must distinguish between two kinds of cinnamon. The second is the Chinese cinnamon, which is of lesser quality, and as such is acceptable for industrial production fresheners, scented candles and such. Chinese cinnamon isn’t recommended in the diet as it contains more coumarin than allowed. Ingredient coumarin in larger doses can cause kidney and liver damage.
See why cinnamon is very good for your health.
1. It controls blood sugar levels – Many studies have shown that cinnamon has a beneficial impact on blood sugar levels. Cinnamon is a popular natural remedy used by people suffering from type 2 diabetes.
2. Treating fungal Infections – Studies have shown that cinnamon oil is effective in treating infections caused by Candida, such as Candida Tropicalis and Candida Albicans.
3. It relieves the symptoms brought on by poisoning – Cinnamon has a strong antibacterial effect and is excellent in the treatment of stomach problems due to salmonella and E. coli. Ground cinnamon, oil or tea of cinnamon, are effective in neutralizing stomach issues.
4. Helps in the treatment of symptoms of irritation bowel syndrome – Cinnamon drastically reduces the unpleasant symptoms of headache gut syndrome, particularly helps with flatulence. This plant stimulates digestion and helps in treating bacterial infections. In addition, cinnamon is an excellent remedy for stomach cramps.
5. Helps with osteoporosis and arthritis – Cinnamon is full of manganese, which helps build bones, blood and connective tissues in the body. People who have less of manganese in the body frequently suffer from osteoporosis and arthritis. In pain due to arthritis can help massage oil of cinnamon or sipping tea cinnamon.
6. Cinnamon affects cognitive growth and memory – Frequent consumption of cinnamon protect the health of the mind and enhance concentration.
7. It is strong antioxidant – Cinnamon is one of the very best foods full of antioxidants.
8. Helps with weight loss – Cinnamon improves circulation and may speed up metabolism. Therefore, you’ll be successful in the fight with overweight.
9. Relieves muscle pain – should you feel pain in your muscles it will help you massage cinnamon oil.
10. Lowers cholesterol and triglycerides – This hot plant operates Prevents heart disease, due to lower the amount of triglycerides, cholesterol, and excess fat.
11. This is primarily due to the strong antimicrobial effect of cinnamon.
13. Relieves symptoms of PMS – Since it’s rich in manganese, cinnamon is a superb way to reduce the unpleasant symptoms of PMS.
14. Against the symptoms of food poisoning – Cinnamon calms ailments caused by food poisoning, can neutralize bacteria, fungi, and other microbes.
Use Ceylon cinnamon to eliminate coumarin related side effects.